Hey folks,
Some people have expressed interest in doing the chicken-play quests to earn the Cloak of the Cluck. I've put it in the EC as a provisional weekly Sunday event. Who would be interested in joining? What time is most convenient?
( Discuss under comments? )
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Chicken Quest?
ReplyDeleteThe chicken play quests are series of quests from the Shire where you play a chicken and have to go through a number of regions to 'talk' to various animals. These quests are extremely difficult to do without an escort, so the idea was for us to split the group in half - one chickening and the other escorting and then reversing roles so everyone could get the chicken cloak reward.
ReplyDeletesounds good
ReplyDeleteA note to those thinking of coming: it may be worthwile to consider bringing a lower-lvl alt if you will be on protection duty. Grey creatures will ignore you and attack the lvl 1 chickens if you aren't super careful.
ReplyDeleteI heard these are really hard -- what level monsters are we likely to come up against, and who is being a chicken this first time round?
ReplyDeleteYes, these are really hard ( hence needing the escorts ). I figured we would set up the thing as a weekly event because each quest takes over an hour, so we will need a number of sessions to complete. Each week, whoever is available and wants to participate comes along to the farm and we find out who needs which quest ( they are divided up by area: bree, erid luin, trollshaws and so forth ). I thought we'd start with the easier areas first. Then split into roughly half chickens and half escorts.
ReplyDeleteWhat level of lower level alt do you think is needed?
ReplyDeleteWell, the Bree-land one ( which I assume will will do this week ), takes you to Nen Harn and the Midgewater Marshes so I'd say about 12-20 or so. It isn't essential, just may make it easier if the creatures attack the escorts on sight ( I know how many times I've helped lower-lvl chars and gone "oh darn, missed that one!"). And you don't get any lower-lvl than a chicken ... :)
ReplyDelete